[Audio Dope] Reviewing The Week In Audio Leaks Ending October 12
While a lot of material was thrown across the net this week, we’ve narrowed the latest tracks down to ten buzzworthy records that got our attention in both good and bad ways. With a little help from the great folks at Rap Genius, we (DJ Hourglass & Bridge) give you a no holds barred recap of the latest releases from Pusha T, Wu Tang, Fat Joe, Young Jeezy, Joe Budden and more.
Songs In Review:
- Wu-Tang – “Six Directions Of Boxing”
- Pusha T ft. Future – “Pain”
- Joe Budden ft. Tank & Lil Wayne – “She Don’t Put It Down Like You”
- Young Jeezy – “Get Right”
- Styles P – “I Know”
- French Montana ft. Mac Miller & Curren$y – “It Was A Good Year”
- Ghostface Killah, M.O.P, & Pharoahe Monch – “Black Out”
- Lil Twist Ft. Lil Wayne & Chris Brown – “Flowerz”
- Fat Joe ft. Rick Ross & Juicy J – “Instagram That Hoe”
- Birdman ft. French Montana & Gudda Gudda – “Shout Out”
Wu-Tang – “Six Directions Of Boxing”
With The Man With The Iron Fists set to hit theaters on November 2nd, RZA squads up his Wu-Tang brothers for the soundtrack addition “Six Directions Of Boxing.”
Bridge: Beautiful song! The production is INCREDIBLE and everyone rode it nicely. GZA and his classic flow mixed with switching up his rhyme scheme was a great change-of-pace the track. This is the first example of a new-look style to the Wu while keeping with their classic swords! Wu-Tang Forever!
DJ Hourglass: As soon as I heard U-God’s opening line “When I’m locked down I use Timbs as my shower slippers,” I was vibing to this one. I haven’t heard one track from this Iron Fists soundtrack that I haven’t liked, but Wu Tang reigns supreme so far.
Collective Rating: Musical Masterpiece | Repeat Status | Worth A Second Listen | Try again | You call this music?!
Next Page: Pusha T and Future share their “Pain.”