[Audio Dope] Reviewing The Week In Audio Leaks Ending August 3
This week wasn’t full of too many huge releases, but we’re here to recap and review ten of the most noteworthy tracks to hit the net. Join the discussion as Bridge and I (DJ Hourglass) let you know if the latest releases from 50 Cent, Wiz Khalifa, Mariah Carey and more are worth your time.
Songs In Review:
- 50 Cent ft. Alicia Keys & Dr. Dre – “New Day”
- Mariah Carey ft. Meek Mill & Rick Ross – “Triumphant (Get ‘Em)”
- Fabolous ft. Wale & French Montana – “Dance Move”
- Murs & Fashawn – “Slash Gordan”
- Mikkey Halsted ft. Pusha T – “Momma In My Ear”
- Hit-Boy ft. KiD CuDi – “Old School Caddy”
- Thurz ft. Rich Kidd & Rocki Evans – “Keep the Faith”
- Wiz Khalifa ft. Project Pat – “Still Got It”
- Homeboy Sandman – “Watchu Want From Me?”
- Los & Lola Monroe – “Bonnie & Clyde”
50 Cent ft. Alicia Keys & Dr. Dre – “New Day”
“New Day” is the first official single from 50‘s album Street King Immortal, set to drop on November 13. The track was originally released without the rap verses as Alicia Keys‘ new single produced by her husband Swizz Beatz. Now production credit for “New Day” is given to Dr. Dre with Eminem credited for mixing the record.
Hourglass: “New Day” has all of the components to be the mainstream hit 50 Cent needs. I’d never expect to hear this in the club, but it has a feel good vibe that sounds like something that can make a commercial or be an official song for the NBA. The problem for me is that I’ve already heard this song as an Alicia Keys record, and the highlight is the hook. 50 Cent’s verses lack a certain umph that make me care for this version and frankly, his verses make this sound like a 4 year old reference track. And Swizz definitely did this one.
Bridge: Mmmm… I don’t know. I heard Fifty say something interesting when he was on Oprah a few months ago (don’t ask why I was watching Oprah) and he said that he was losing his fans and that they aren’t ready to mature with him. Maybe this song is an example of that. Dre’s verse was worthless and Alicia sounded like they could’ve just plugged anyone in there. I’m just not feeling this one.
Collective Rating: Musical Masterpiece | Repeat Status | Worth A Second Listen | Try again | You call this music?!
Next Page: Mariah Carey Goes With MMG