[FRESHNESS] Nike Introduces 'RSVP' System
It’s a new day, and we must say the future has made its mark on the sneaker game once more. The days of lining up and camping out for those coveted releases are prehistoric. Now the battle has gone to the web spilling on to the digital streets of social network Twitter. Nike states that they have been planning to make the transition for months now recounting the recent highly publicized displays of ignorance surrounding the releases of the Jordan XI “Concord” and the “Galaxy” Foamposites. Now you all know they surely weren’t going to sit quietly and continue to let the madness occur, while in present day things aren’t so much tolerated in ‘certain’ instances…at least in the public eye. Maybe this will ensue Twitter beefs with the actual shops? The RSVP process took effect yesterday as the Jordan XII ‘Playoffs” were reserved around the country utilizing the new system. A lot of choice words being thrown around in the direction of the respected Nike twitter accounts but, it was a first go for a lot of consumers to get familiar with the system, expect less consumer error come future releases and more twitter traffic/technology fault. You now can all retire your tents, lawn chairs etc. Meanwhile, the guy from down the street just got one step closer to his first pair of new Yeezy’s. Dreams and nightmares are becoming more of a reality as we speak. God bless the sneaker community.
Here’s more about how the process works below…
The Twitter RSVP Process:
- On the RSVP date, our store will send a tweet at a random time to begin our Twitter RSVP process, including a product specific hashtag (#tag).
- Once registration is open, you must Direct Message(“DM”) the store within 60 minutes. The DM must include:
- The product-specific #tag tweeted by the store
- The last 4 digits of your State/Passport/Military/School ID number
- Your shoe size (limit one).
- Confirmations from the store will be sent via DM to those who have successfully secured their requested size. Shoes will be awarded on a “first respond, first serve” basis.
- Confirmed recipients must pick up their product (in person w/ identification) from the store on the day of launch during the timeframe specified by the store. Unclaimed product will be announced on Twitter and will be re-released at the store’s discretion.
Additional terms and conditions can be seen on Nike’s corporate site.